We drove to St. George on Friday evening and stayed the weekend. We swam and played games and watched movies. Kids aren't allowed in the pool at the condo until 10 a.m., so here they are killing time with a game just waiting for 10:00 to arrive.
We went to dinner one night after a lazy day.
We thought these cactuses in the parking lot were so cool. Too bad they didn't show up well in the picture.
One day we drove to Las Vegas to see my Grandma Wilkins. I've always called her Grandma Melva. I was telling Garrett that we were going to see Grandma Melva. He kept calling her Grandma "Nova."
I haven't seen Grandma Melva for longer than I'd like to admit. With us living down south for 10 years, her living in Vegas, and us not having much in the way of travel money, my two youngest kids had never met her. She is 92. It would be a shame if my kids didn't know her at all. She came to New Orleans with my dad the first summer we were there. It has been harder for her to travel the last few years.
We went to the strip for a couple of hours. Here are Mark and the kids in Caesar's Palace. My kids were pretty amazed with the strip with all the lights and amusements. Brooke and I rode the roller coaster at New York, New York.
I was hoping this would be a cool picture of the strip in the background, but not so much I guess.
It was nice to get away for a few days. But now I am left to deal with this. . . . and I'd better get to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
Friends and Family
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(99)
-
▼
September
(15)
- General Relief Society Meeting
- Lone Peak Kids' Triathlon
- Our Swimming Champs!
- Mark Making Homemade Pasta
- Willow Springs Elementary Jog-a-Thon
- The Best Entertainment is Free
- St. George for the Weekend
- It Was Bound to Happen Sometime!
- Labor Day at the Zoo
- Grandma Maxine Ryser: May 13, 1918-September 5, 2008
- The Football Ferrets
- Lainie Starts Kindergarten
- Swimming Lessons
- Water Fight with the Draper Firefighters
- Lainie's Cooking Party
-
▼
September
(15)

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the pictures!! So glad you were able to go to Las Vegas to visit Grandma Melva. She finally was able to see Lainie and Garrett.
ReplyDeleteWho knows how much longer she will be living?
I can imagine that the kids were enthralled with all the bright lights on the Las Vegas strip!!
Thanks for sharing. Love you all.
What a fun little get away! I'm glad you went to see your grandma. Those are priceless memories for you to see your kids meet your grandma. I'm glad you got pictures of it. Your kids will appreciate that one day.
ReplyDeleteI always DREAD the "putting away" after the vacation! Looks like you had a good time! Your family is too cute.
ReplyDeletewe want to go try and see grandma "nova" too. she needs to meet her very first great great grandchild :)
ReplyDeletewe can't wait to see you!!!!
Did you stay at "THE" Condo? I haven't been there in YEARS! It looks like you guys had a blast though!
ReplyDelete