Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Grandma Maxine Ryser: May 13, 1918-September 5, 2008

This past Saturday marked one year since Mark's grandmother passed away.  We met at the cemetery to visit her gravesite, bring flowers, and be with Grandpa.  It was very sweet to hear Grandpa Sterling share a few words and even breakdown a little.  It can't be easy to live without the one you have spent over six decades with.  He has had a lonely year but has been brave and as happy as possible.  We sure love him and we sure miss Grandma Maxine.

2 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL way to honor Maxine and support Grandpa Ryser!! I can't even imagine how much he must miss her. How is it possible that it has been a year?
    When President Hinckley's son Richard was here two weeks ago for our Stake conference he mentioned how difficult it was for his father to carry on without his beloved Marjorie. What a joyous reunion that must have been!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know Grandpa Sterling, but I feel like I do! Bless his heart - it has got to be so lonely without his sweetheart. I love how you and Mark make it a priority to spend time with him.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed