Friday, September 4, 2009

Lainie's Cooking Party

Well, it only took me two and half months after Lainie's 5th birthday to pull off the "friend party." She had a cooking party last Friday evening.  It was very messy and very fun.  They played a game while they waited for everyone to arrive.  Thankfully Mark and I had Brooke and Anna to help run the games as there was plenty of prep work to do in the kitchen.  Could they be cuter in their little aprons and chef hats????
After the game everyone got to make their own pizza. It was fun to see how each girl shaped her dough and how much sauce or cheese they wanted to add.  One little girl said her pizza was shaped like a fish.  We were so busy helping 11 kids with pizza making and baking (Mark did most of the pizza baking) that we didn't get any pictures of the girls with their pizza.  After they ate their pizza masterpieces, they played a couple more games (food relays) in the backyard and then they all came back inside to decorate their own 6 inch cake.  Wow, did we have a lot of frosting tubs and tubes and sprinkles.  They were all  creative and ended up with super colorful, sprinkle-full cakes.  We boxed their cakes up in cute bakery boxes and tied them with  a ribbon for them to take home.  
It was a fun and worth the craziness, but if I ever choose to do a cooking party again, I'll have twice as much adult help or half the amount of kids.

6 comments:

  1. Dang, girl! You put me to shame. What a cool party! I bet the girls LOVED IT!! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN party!! The kids must have LOVED it!!
    Such a great idea. You're an awesome mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I saw those cupcake molds on an infomercial. I've been wanting them! Where did you get yours? I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake turned out GREAT! Way better than mine. Looks like the party of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anthony, I bought this cupcake pan at Williams Sonoma. Shawna said she has a Wilton one and had some problems unmolding the cakes with hers. I sprayed and floured mine like crazy because of that, but I had no problems unmolding it. It was hard to frost and make look nice though. Mark did that job since he's the cake decorator around here!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed