I wasn't mentally prepared for all the snow up there!
The kids were acting so excited to be in the snow and I thought it was so funny! We have no shortage of snow here in Utah once winter starts. Brooke was so tired of the snow last year by March. I am glad they are excited though since it's on it's way in a matter of weeks.
I wish we could say we made this snowman, but he was already sitting there on the trail.
We saw lots of pretty fall colors on the drive, but we were mostly in the snow. When I was a kid it would snow in Portland maybe once or twice a year. If there was even a chance of snow I would literally call the weather forecast number several times a day to get an update. I'd sit around in my mint green ski bibs and play my one and only Christmas record, mostly the song Sleigh Ride, on a portable record player and just wait. I always wanted to live in Utah or Idaho where they have four seasons. I can't say we've had much of a true spring since I moved back. It kind of goes from cold to hot all of a sudden in late May or early June. Anyway, I guess I got what I wanted because here I am living in Utah. Sadly, after living in the south for 10 years, I think I could go the rest of my life without snow and be okay. It's kind of cozy until about December 26th. Then I'm ready to be done!

GREAT pictures!! Looks like lots of family fun. I love the Utah mountains. You're blessed to live there.
ReplyDeleteKeep the pictures coming. We love them.
snow already? are you kidding me? it was so hot yesterday, we couldn't even play outside! I think it hit triple digits this weekend.
ReplyDeleteGotta love Anna's face in that top pic. hmmmm, where have I seen a face like that before?
We are itching to take a drive like that ourselves. Now we just need to get out and do it! This is the absolute BEST time of the year.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great trip to Oregon. You have convinced me that I need to visit Canon Beach. Want to join me?!
Anth, you are almost at 10,000 ft where this photo was taken. Yes, there is snow. (This was Mark by the way).
ReplyDelete