I wish we would have taken more time to spend in Cannon Beach, which is only seven miles away from Seaside. We drove through Cannon Beach on our way back to Portland and spent a few hours.
When we go to the coast we like to eat at Dooger's Restaurant. They have one in Seaside and Cannon Beach. Doogers has delicious seafood and Linguini with Alfredo sauce. Garrett is enjoying Mark's salad dressing.
We like to stop at Bruce's Candy Kitchen in Cannon Beach. I usually get "sea foam" here (another must-do tradition at the beach), which is like a brown sugar or molasses flavored meringue covered in chocolate. I had to resist this time since I have not been eating sweets, but I got some delicious chocolates for Mark and rock candy sticks for the kids.
This is the Stephanie Inn at Cannon Beach where Mark and I stayed for part of our honeymoon. It was fun to go back and see it from the beach.
We didn't want to take much time because the kids were ready to get back to my sister's house, but I had to walk down on the beach for a few minutes and see haystack rock. Goonies has been one my favorite movies since I saw it in the theater when I was eight or nine. This is the view to the North of the Stephanie Inn.
This is the view to the South. Cannon Beach is gorgeous! It's a prettier beach than Seaside in my opinion, but I love to visit both when I go to the Oregon Coast. There are great sites and activities to enjoy in both places.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
Friends and Family
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(99)
-
▼
October
(13)
- School Literacy Parade
- Halloween Happenings
- Frightmares at Lagoon
- Halloween Party at Grandma Susie's
- The Leaves are Changing
- Salt Lake Best of Broadway Gala
- Saying Goodbye
- Cannon Beach
- S'mores at the Beach
- Seaside Traditions
- Seaside, Oregon
- The Tillamook Cheese Factory
- Hanging out with the family in Oregon
-
▼
October
(13)

I would love to go to your coast with you sometime! It looks absolutely gorgeous! please invite me sometime!
ReplyDeleteHow is it that Anna is looking as tall as brooke?
Um, love your black bag!