Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Visit from the Pearsons



My sister Jennifer and her family came to stay with us for a few days in July.  My nephew (her son) Jonathan came out here to go to the Missionary Training Center before he leaves on his mission to Mesa, Arizona, Spanish speaking.  He chose to go to Tucanos for his 'last meal' before he entered the MTC the next day.  It's amazing to me that 19 years have passed since he was born.  I was 16 when he was born and I remember it like it was yesterday.  He has grown up to be a fine young man.  I am so proud of him for being willing to give two years of his life to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We all miss him, but more than anything we are grateful for his example.  We know two years will go fast and he will learn so much from this challenging and rewarding experience.


We walked about the BYU campus for a while before the time he had to report to the MTC.  This is right before we divided into cars to drive a few blocks to drop him off at the MTC.  I love this kid!


The Pearsons stuck around for a few more days to play before they headed back home to Portland.  Here we are waiting in line for the Alpine Coaster at the Mountain Resort at Park City.


Anna and my brother-in-law Kim.


Brooke and I rode the Alpine Coaster together the first time.  We're heading up the mountain.  It's such a fun ride.  The Alpine Slide is kind of a bummer after the coaster.


Headed up to the Alpine Slides on the chair lift.  It was a beautiful day.  There were lots of wildflowers and the mountainside was green.


The big kids and Uncle Kim on the chair in front of us.


My niece Maddie and my nephew Will.



2 comments:

  1. Man I knew it had been a while since I'd been up there, I didn't even know they had a coaster! I love Park City too, I used to work at Mountain Body on Main St. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, Anna and Lainie are growing up much too fast!! I won't recognize them next time I see them.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed