Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Happy Birthday to Mark!
Another year, another birthday! We went to dinner with Mark's family and then went back to his parents' house for vanilla bean cheesecake that I had attempted to make. It turned out decent enough. I also made some red velvet cupcakes in case the kids didn't like cheesecake, and those were a disaster. I followed the recipe exactly and they completely sunk! Baking has not been my friend the past couple of years:( Mark is the baker at our house. Too bad I can't ask him to bake his own birthday cake. That's why I did cheesecake though-I figured it would be possibly more forgiving than a traditional cake. One out of two is all right, but the failed red velvet was certainly another blow to my baking confidence. And I L-O-V-E red velvet cake and cupcakes. Maybe I should stick to Nothing Bundt Cakes for red velvet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



wow, mark! that's a lot of smoke there! how many years are you pushing now? next year you might want to have the fire extinguisher nearby! ha happy birthday...we love you all the same "old man!"
ReplyDeleteSo glad I'm not the only one whose cakes turn out bad! I'm a big fan of Cold Stone ice cream cakes! I love to see your pictures, though. The dance ones are darling. I hope your church talk went well!
ReplyDelete