Saturday, July 17, 2010

Glenn Beck's American Revival



I got to spend a Saturday at the arena for an all day event with Glenn Beck.  I had a front row seat that,  unfortunately, was all the way to the side, but it was still nice to be close.  It wasn't as earth shattering of an event as I had hoped, but I'm glad I went and I learned the most from David Barton (in the pic with Glenn).  He is an expert on the founders and focused on the fact that all of the founders were Christian and believed in God, even the ones we have been taught were not religious.  He had several original documents written by these incorrectly supposed (actually I am positive there is an agenda [a progressive one] behind this lie) non-religious founders that referenced religion and belief in God.  He also shared plentiful handwritten evidence from our founding fathers that our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution were based on and derived from and through Christianity.  Sadly, we're hardly allowed to speak His name today when it comes to government.

I could say more about the man himself (Glenn) and what I learned at the event, and I may later, but I am mentally exhausted from defending this controversial man who I respect and have predominantly positive feelings about.  Suffice it to say I find him to have a positive and helpful agenda, the focus of which is preserving our country and returning us to our former values which include upholding our constitution and turning to God.  The whole day was a positive and motivating event, except I found Judge Andrew Napolitano to be somewhat negative and pointless; kind of blaming and complaining without any plan of action or solution.  I do not wish to open a debate about Glenn Beck by this post.  I like him.  You are welcome to have your own feelings about him, or do your own research, which Glenn would have you do on all topics presented by him or other media sources.

3 comments:

  1. America truly needs to be revived and its citizens need to wake up to what is going on. I, too, greatly admire Glenn Beck. He gets to be a little 'over the top' at times but all in all his intentions are good. Glad you were able to attend this event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that you got to go see this. I agree with you completely, it's sad to see how far we've fallen as a country. :( Thank you for your encouraging remarks on my blog. I miss you and Shawna so much! I still have a little postcard to send out to you with all of my info. I'll get it sent out one of these days LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a GB fan too. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed