Saturday, March 6, 2010
Spring is Springing
I can't exactly say "spring has sprung," because it's not warm here, but we are well on our way to spring. My kids would say that it's warm, but I can only say that it's warmer and being outside is becoming enjoyable. It's lighter late into the evening, which I love, and it will only get better after Daylight Savings this Sunday.
I can't believe Anna could tolerate a tank top in probably the upper 40's, low 50's. I had a coat on. Mark had the kids help him get leaves picked up from the mulch and from around the trees and plants. The kids were actually working off some grounding time (well some of them were) and Mark thought helping in the yard would be better than staying in their rooms. They all jumped at the chance. Anna turned out to be very helpful and cooperative in the yard. She has been genuinely helpful and interested in learning how Mark prunes the rose bushes. Anna is probably our one kid so far who knows how to get down and work-that must be the Ryser work ethic that Mark and his mom certainly have. Brooke struggles a bit more there. I probably do too if I'm being honest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good to see the family working together. Makes for good memories and teaching good work ethic.
ReplyDelete