Thursday, March 11, 2010

Outside Time


One of my New Year's resolutions is to spend more time outside with the kids, especially Garrett.  I am great at getting lost in my to do list, and Garrett would happily and willingly watch Super Why all day while I check things off my list.  That is not good.  It was much easier to spend time outside when I had only little children which also meant more free time.  Garrett has been having some difficult behavior the last few weeks, including potty training regression and not wanting to stay in his room through the night.  I am not sure what to do to help him except take more time with him and keep him active and busy.  I have been taking him outside to ride his "bike" around the neighborhood each day this week.  His little legs are finally long enough to reach the pedals!  He used to just scoot along with his feet propelling him on the ground.  He loves it.  I just walk beside or behind him.  Every few minutes he will say it's a red light and he'll turn a little knob on the bike and say we have to stop.  Then he'll turn the knob again and say it's a green light and it's time to go.  He even got off his bike for a minute today to "have his tire fixed," something he learned from our recent tire issues on my van.  He wants a bike for his birthday this month, which is a week from Sunday.  I am amazed that he will be three!  I'm excited to find him a new big boy bike.  He'll enjoy our neighborhood bike rides even more, I am sure.

1 comment:

  1. Garrett is such a handsome little man! He undoubtedly loves getting some one on one time with mom and having her undivided attention. To do lists can wait because our children grow up so fast and we can never recapture the precious time we would miss out on. You're wise to make him a priority. You're making precious memories you'll both cherish.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed