On Saturday we had our second annual neighborhood Mardi Gras party. It was lots of fun for us to share all the delicious food and fun traditions of Mardi Gras and New Orleans with our neighbors. Here are some pictures of the evening. I wish I had taken more pictures. We were pretty busy hosting.
We served red beans and rice (thank you Shawna), Gumbo a la Mark, our favorite New Orleans pasta dish that Mark discovered a few years ago, lots of barbecue shrimp, and king cake. Our neighbors brought some seriously delicious appetizers, salads, and desserts.
Christie and Jessica helping finish up the barbecue shrimp.
We did a gag gift exchange.
This blue leisure sport coat may have stolen the gag gift show!
Mark is obviously rooting for the Saints for the Super Bowl!
I had the last of the party goers pose for a quick picture before they left. Brent is wearing the crown because he got the king cake baby! I have to give Mark credit for cooking like crazy all day Saturday. I did lots of prep work and chopping and cutting and did the dishes behind both of us as we worked, but man can Mark outwork me!
Yeah Saints! Look at these fun cookies our neighbor Jamie brought by after the game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WOW!! I'm so impressed! You two really know how to throw a party!!! Looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry we missed that one! You amaze me. my mouth is watering seeing that shrimp!
ReplyDeleteYay! i'm glad it went so well. i would have loved to be there!
ReplyDeleteand come on, who wouldn't love a baby blue leisure coat like that one???
the food looked amazing! i'm just curious, how exhausted were you and mark when you hit your pillows? that was a large crowd!
way to throw a fun party!!