Tuesday, February 23, 2010
My 35th Birthday
I can't believe I am so close to 40-scary! No use fretting about it, but it does sound really old.
Mark made me a delicious birthday cake, of course. It was so yummy! The frosting was this amazing fresh banana cream cheese. It was absolutely perfect. I could have eaten the frosting by the spoonful.
Mark cooked up some banana's foster to put on the cake. The idea was his creation. What a guy! My birthday cakes for him lately have been a trip to Cold Stone to get an ice cream cake. Cakes are lots of work. He always takes the time to do that for me though.
Thanks, everyone, for your phone calls, happy birthday wishes, and gifts. You are too kind! I had a great day and got A LOT of errands done on my birthday. Don't worry, I'm making up for it today by getting caught up on a couple of shows and not being as productive as I should. It feels like the start of the weekend because my girls are off of school tomorrow and today is a short day. By the way, my favorite gift is a pair of really nice dark wood salt and pepper grinders. Mark and I have been married for 14 years and we have never had any kind of salt and pepper shakers or grinders-just those cardboard-like ones with the vegetable pictures on them from the grocery store. Grinders are surprisingly expensive and I figured we had gotten by so many years without them already. Thank you, Mark! And my cute Anna got me a bottle of Propel (for running I assume) and my favorite candy bar, Take 5 (whoever thought that combination up is a genius). Anna is always so thoughtful and wants to use her own money to buy every family member a birthday present. Yes, that is Lainie in the picture and not Anna.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Looks like you had an amazing birthday. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you.
ReplyDeleteThe cake Mark made for you looks DELICIOUS, especially with the bananas foster topping.
Love you, birthday girl!!
Happy Late Birthday!!! You joined the 35 club. So, I felt the same way about 35. All day I kept thinking how close 40 was. :) You look great!
ReplyDelete