Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A New Era



The Ryser family is officially entering a new era-no kids in diapers! Garrett has been dry in his big boy undies for two and a half weeks.  He mastered number two a few months ago all on his own, which was surprising because usually it's the other way around.  Then a couple of weeks ago he started telling us when he needed to go number one and quickly made a habit of it.  What a kid! I didn't even work hard at it.  I've always heard boys are harder to potty train than girls so I didn't push the issue with my little man.  What a treat to have Garrett decide he was ready on his own.  No accidents so far, but I have to be prepared for a possible regression.  He even stays dry during naps.  Nighttime he stays dry about half of the time.  There's only one minor problem:  I have had to stock up on Clorox wipes from little drippies that get in places on and around the toilet I couldn't imagine! That's a new thing for me after three girls.  Anyway, great job Garrett! You are growing up so fast.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT news!! That's a real milestone. What a big boy he's getting to be. Tell him Grandma Sharon is very proud of him. What a joy he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky for you it's only little drippies around the toilet. With 3 boys I sometimes have to wipe down the walls in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed