Monday, January 11, 2010

It's Official!


I have officially signed up for the Salt Lake City full marathon which is Saturday, April 17, 2010.  Despite the fact that I had chosen to train for the Ogden Marathon, which is four weeks later but filled up too fast for me to sign up, :(, I am excited for my plan B.  This puts me four weeks behind in my training, but I think I am okay to pick up on week five and make it happen.  I am surprised how excited I am for this challenge.  I have fallen in love with running over the past two years, ran two half marathons, and recently got the bug to run a full marathon.  I hoped I would run a full someday, but I didn't think it would be soon.  I just couldn't stop thinking about it! My running friend Emily has decided to run it with me, which is heavenly! I can't imagine a 15+ mile run without her.  Actually, I'm still having trouble imagining a 15+ mile run at all.  I paid my money and posted about it on my blog, so I'm committed now, aren't I??  Just so no one gets too excited, my time on the marathon will be nothing to shout about.  I am certainly not a fast runner.  Crossing the finish line after 26.2 miles is enough for me.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! I'm impressed! That's a lofty goal to set and I know you can do it! We'll be cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Woot! You go girl! I love this goal of yours...and I KNOW you will do it! You are a great runner!

    Is it fair that I got sad reading about you running with another girl? Would we call that an affair? just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I still haven't gotten that bug to run a full marathon. I love the 1/2 and will keep running that. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my hero! When are you going to run by my house and wake me up to join you! You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed