Friday, January 29, 2010

Lainie's Beary Special Day in Kindergarten


Last week was Lainie's "Beary Special Week" in her Kindergarten class.  Each of us in her family got to write something nice about Lainie and why she is a special part of our family, and each of the kids in her class got to write something nice about her.  On Friday I got to go in to her class for her special day.  This is her teacher Mrs. Giles reading all the nice things everyone said about her.  Most people in her class said Lainie was nice and fun to play with and a good friend.  All the kids drew a picture too.  So fun to hear what her friends had to say about our sweet, happy Lainie!


I also got to bring in some of her favorite things.  I brought in her special baby blanket that Grandma Susie made (twice!), her rainbow bear, a couple of favorite books, a barbie, and a couple of her costumes from dance company.


Lainie and Mrs. Giles.  Every once in a while one of your kids gets a really special teacher.  It has happened for us a couple of times, and Mrs. Giles is one of those teachers.  She is so kind to all the kids and so soft spoken, even when the kids are a bit off track.  She wears a little microphone around her neck so the kids can hear her.  Lainie often draws a picture for Mrs. Giles or thinks of a treat she can bring to class to give her.  I'm so excited Lainie is having such a positive experience in Kindergarten.

1 comment:

  1. So glad Lainie is having such a positive kindergarten experience. It can make all the difference. I know that you got such a good start with Patty Reinold for your kindergarten teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed