Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Daddy Daughter Date

Mark likes to take the girls on individual daddy-daughter dates. It gets challenging to squeeze them in sometimes with other evening commitments. Mark lets the girls choose what they would like to do for their "date." Sometimes Mark tries to redirect their ideas towards something he would like better. For instance, last month it was Lainie's turn and she wanted to go to the "mall with the Hello Kitty store." How long can you spend in the Hello Kitty store? We talked her into bowling instead. He also lets them pick where they want to have dinner. Last time Lainie picked Chuck-A-Rama. It's not like we frequent Chuck-A-Rama, so I thought it was funny that it popped into her head (they do have super yummy, doughy scones though). Tonight was Anna's turn. They went to see the movie Ponyo. I'm proud of Mark for making this a priority. I wish I could have a mommy-kid date! Sounds like fun to me.
p.s. According to Mark, don't waste your money on Ponyo. He said it was so weird that it was painful.

2 comments:

  1. What a great Dad!! Love this picture. The kids will have wonderful memories of these precious times with their father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice on Ponyo! What a fun idea. Why can't mom do date night? What would you do with only one kid with you?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed