Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pioneer Day

We went to Mark's parents' house with lots of family for a Pioneer Day get together. The kids played with cousins (of course). We all decided we didn't want to keep the kids up super late AGAIN by going to city fireworks, so Mark's sister had brought some small fireworks and we did our own little fireworks show in the driveway. We still didn't get home till close to 11 p.m., but I guess that's what summer and family get togethers are for! All of Mark's cute sisters had run the Pioneer Day 10k that morning. They tried to talk me into it, but I'm kind of a party pooper with races. I'd rather run in my neighborhood and get home and showered before 8 o'clock. Races are a lot of work. I am excited to report that, finally, after taking two months off for an injury after the Salt Lake Half Marathon in April, I returned to running this month. It wasn't as easy as it used to be, but I ran 8 miles with my running friends on Saturday morning. It felt great and I am seemingly injury free! I really do love running.
Alexis, Ellie, Anna, and Brooke.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you, Andrea!! You've never been a quitter in spite of obstacles. You always make up your mind that you're going to do something and you don't let anything get in your way.
    Love you so much. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can always count on that great Anna smile!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed