Saturday, January 22, 2011
We Finally Have a Rangehood
In October we finally got our whole rangehood and backsplash project finished. This is the before picture.
This is after. This honestly took forever to decide what we wanted and find a company to actually carry it out. I had started with a guy more than a year before this and he turned into a total flake. I got so frustrated that I put the project on hold for another year before I got serious about it again. We had been in the house for almost three years by the time we got this all done. The rangehood couldn't have turned out better. I love it! The backsplash, on the other hand, is just so so to me. Now we just need some knobs and pulls for our cabinets. Clearly I don't move fast on these things. . . . .
Now we can use our indoor grill, which makes me SO happy! This is the maiden voyage, although Mark has clearly seasoned the grill prior to cooking on it. We have used it several times since this and it's really great to be able to get the taste of grilled meats indoors. The cleanup actually isn't bad either. The only drawback is that after we use the grill, the cooktop smells like a stinky outdoor grill for a few days. You only notice it when you're right by it, which I am most of the time since I spend so much time in the kitchen, like most moms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




SO BEAUTIFUL!! Glad you finally got just what you wanted. I'm sure it was worth the wait.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom