Saturday, January 22, 2011
Thanksgiving
My sister-in-law had the kiddos do a fun craft where they made these darling turkeys out of Oreos and candy corn to put in the middle of each plate for Thanksgiving Dinner. The funny thing was that Garrett was convinced this was the turkey he was supposed to eat on Thanksgiving. He is not an eater by anyone's definition, so when he was excited to have turkey on Thanksgiving, naturally so was I. Not the same turkey I had in mind, darn it.
The kid table. My mother-in-law does such a beautiful job of of setting the table for holidays.
For the life of me I can't figure out how Sue is up for letting the kids do gingerbread houses after cooking, hosting, and cleaning up a huge Thanksgiving meal. It has been a tradition in Mark's family forever. I do already know that she is super woman though. Did I mention that the gingerbread is homemade??
Darn, I guess I didn't take any pictures of the finished product. Sad! I will say that Garrett couldn't keep his hands off of the houses once we got them home. He collapsed at least two of them the first week picking candy off of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Oh my goodness! Your kids look sooooo big! Especially Brooke! She'll be a teenager soon ;)
ReplyDeleteWe are seriously still planning on coming out. One of our goals this year is to take a trip at least 4 times (even if it's a small one to the coast). So, Utah is on the list!!! LOVE YOU!
So happy that you updated your blog!! So fun to see all the pictures of Halloween and Thanksgiving!!! Also of your trip to Chicago. Glad just the two of you could get away for a while. It gives one a whole new perspective for sure.
ReplyDeleteDo you have any pictures of your gorgeous Christmas tree?? It's amazing!!
Thanks for sharing.
Love, Mom