Friday, May 28, 2010
Random Happenings at the End of May
Our May was a busy one. Lainie missed quite a bit of soccer because of extra dance rehearsals in preparation for competition as well as Clayton performances. She was able to go to her last game.
And get another trophy, which she was excited to add to her little collection.
I LOVE this picture Mark took of her throwing in the ball. It's absolutely classic!
Brooke turned 11 on May 26th. ELEVEN!!! So crazy that my first has gotten so big. I can't believe she'll be in sixth grade next year. We started her day out with her favorite and most requested breakfast, pancakes.
Just like Anna, Brooke requested to go to Fuji for her birthday dinner. This time we were lucky enough to have the Johnsons (Mark's sister's family) join us.
As well as Grandma Susie. Grandpa Ralph was working in the temple that night.
Cousin Justin drove up from Provo to celebrate with us. He's determined not to cut his hair all summer, which was quite a conversation piece a dinner.
Right before he started cooking, our hibachi chef made balloon animals or toys (what do you call a sword made out of balloon?). The kids loved that.
Brooke opened presents and we had cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy, which is a new bakery that opened up by our house. Their cupcakes are amazing!
A few days after Brooke's birthday she got to take a couple of friends to see the new Shrek movie for a small birthday celebration, since it's an off year for her for a "friend party." Afterwards we went to Coldstone for ice cream and present opening.
Lainie made a little trip to see dad at his office for a tooth extraction. One of her bottom baby teeth had a permanent tooth halfway in but wasn't making much progress coming out on it's own, so Mark pulled it. Lainie was very brave and Mark had the tooth out before I even knew it was done. I asked him something like, "How do you know when it's numb enough?" And he replied, "Well, the tooth is out, so I know it's numb enough!" It was like a 5 second procedure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















I was so thrilled when I logged onto your blog before going to bed tonight and discovered all the wonderful pictures!!
ReplyDeleteRegarding Justin's hair ~ he has also started growing a beard and it's looking kind of scruffy right now. I told him he looks like the wild man of Borneo.
You're all so blessed to be able to have all these incredibly fun experiences as a family.
Thanks for sharing with us. We love you!!
yay! you posted! that trip to texas looked CRAZY fun!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see you this weekend!