Clayton performances started on Monday of this week, making the week oh so crazy busy but worth all the work. I have streamlined the getting-ready-for-performances process to a degree. Anna and Lainie performed on Monday night at the Golden Living Center, which is always the first performance venue. It's low key and okay to make a few mistakes in front of a forgiving audience.
Part of Anna's group waiting to start their performance.
Anna's group is doing a medley from "Annie" this spring. Notice their buckets and rags. It's an absolutely darling medley! They're the cutest little orphan girls I've ever seen. We need to smudge some dirt on their faces and not have their hair so pretty.
I couldn't get a single worthwhile picture of Lainie during that performance. I was sitting on the side opposite of where she stands in her group and the room was really crowded. And Garrett was climbing all over me! I settled for a picture of her and her friend Brooklyn after the performance.
Brooke's group performed tonight, so back to the Golden Living Center we went. I didn't have a great view of Brooke either, but I got a couple of shots. Wow, I don't have a gift for photography. Even when I seem to have a decent shot, I always seem to press the button right when my subject squints, closes their eyes, or someone gets in front of them. They reuse their Christmas costume for half of their medley.
Then they change into these fruity-?, summery-? costumes for a Beach Boys medley.
What looks red in the photo is actually a deep hot pink. Her pants are little yellow-cuffed capris. It doesn't look like a very cute outfit in the pictures, but in person it's actually pretty cute. Each of the girls did a great job in their first performance. They always need to work on smiling more during, but there's a lot to remember. I'm sure I couldn't remember all that choreography and the songs! Great job girls! I can't wait to see the rest of your performances this spring.









Would love to see them perform!! Maybe dad and I can fly over. We'll have to talk about it.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!!
Love, Mom
Cute, cute, cute girls! Your girls have always had a big place in my heart - I just love them and that darling little son of yours too. You and Mark are so supportive of their talents, which I know keep you plenty on the go! There is something really satisfying about seeing your children do something they love and do it so well. Here's to another great performance season at Clayton!
ReplyDelete