Saturday, April 24, 2010
Anna's Spa Birthday Party
It's Anna's year to have a "friend party" for her birthday, so this Saturday we hosted a spa party for her and eight friends from school. The first thing we did while we were waiting for everyone to arrive was have the girls make these cute flowers (thank you Emily Morgan for the idea).
Then the girls did a nail polish gift exchange.
We then started the "spa treatment" stations. Luckily, it was a beautiful day outside, so we could do most of the spa treatments outside.
They each got a fun spa drink (pina colada Bacardi made with water and ice) with paper umbrellas as they started their treatments. Here's Afton, Morgan, and Anna being silly. Cute girls!
Miamaids to the rescue again! Three of the Miamaids came and did the spa treatments. One of the stations was "fruity feet," like the sign said, where the girls got a foot soak, exfoliating foot scrub and massage, lotion, and toenails painted. Poor Brooke Stacey worked on little girl feet for two hours!
Here's Brooke at the "magical masks" station.
Apparently the mask was cold going on. I have lots of pictures of the girls wincing as the mask was applied.
I love this picture of Lainie. She was so excited for all the treatments. She was number 10 out of 11 girls and she was asking every couple minutes when it was her turn. She was so cute!
The "marvelous make up" station.
Party girls having a good time hanging out on the lawn at Anna's Day Spa:)
Checking out the loot in the party bags and nail painting. I was about one helper short, so we just let the girls pain their own nails. We had many colors and nail stickers for them to be creative.
The birthday girl finally getting her turn at fruity feet.
Blowing out the candles with her ring pop-stained blue lips and tongue.
Opening presents from friends. The girls also made body glitter and snacked on strawberries and bananas with pink fruit dip, crustless triangle sandwiches, bagel bites, and carrots and ranch as they waited for their turn at the spa treatment stations.
It was interesting to see that the birthday gifts have changed from Polly Pockets and Littlest Pet Shops to jewelry, make up, and clothing items from Justice. My girls really are growing up. It was a fun party, and for maybe the first time I can say I didn't overly stress about the party. It took a lot of planning and trips to different stores, but somehow my stress level didn't get too high this time. I think I'm learning that things just somehow work out even if I didn't end up getting the cantaloupe cut and served and there was still stuff on the stairs that needed to be put away, etc. I realized during the party also that I didn't have an organized way to rotate through stations. My Miamaids were helping me figure it out:) Things weren't super smooth, but all the girls seemed to have a fun time. Anna sure enjoyed herself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















Andrea, you really know how to throw a party! What a fun mom you are. I also have to say how much I admire you for the way you love your Young Women. They are so, so lucky to have you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a FUN party!! Such a great idea! Your Mia Maids must have loved helping out. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I can't believe our Anna is growing up so fast.
ReplyDeleteThat is too cute! Girls any age love to be pampered!
ReplyDelete