We've had a relatively low key couple of weeks. I spent a decent amount of time running around to get things and making things for Young Women in Excellence the week before last. The past several days I have been trying desperately to get all of us outfitted for our family pictures this Friday. Why is it so hard? No wonder it has been a LONG time since we have had any taken. I think we just about have it settled. I started planning what to wear when it was still pretty warm and now it has turned cold, so I've had to work on some layering, and some of us are just going to have to be pretty cold during the shoot. Anyway, we spent some time at the mall this weekend with the family picture task. It was snowing Saturday, so we thought it was time to get prepared for Winter. We bit the bullet and bought snow boots for the kids who had no boots to be handed down to them. They came right home and put on all their gear to play in the small amount of snow that had collected in the yard. I wish I would have taken a minute to take some pictures of them playing in the snow, but my nephew and his girlfriend stopped by for a while on their way to a wedding reception in Sandy. It's always fun to visit with one of my nephews! On Sunday Garrett had the stomach flu. I can't complain because we have been extraordinarily healthy for a long time. Mark and I tag teamed staying home with him and going to church. Sunday night Mark decided to make homemade beignets. The girls were thrilled and I think Brooke and Anna ate more than six a piece!
Garrett was feeling a little better by midday. He's rarely too under the weather to pose for the camera!
Mark and the girls worked hard on this puzzle all weekend and finally finished it last night. It was nice to spend a cold weekend mostly at home. This is the calm before the storm though because Clayton performances start in less than two weeks, ringing in the Christmas season and all the fun and busyness that comes with it. We've had such a warm and enjoyable Fall. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas and, very surprisingly, to some snow!!

You guys are so cute!!! I am so excited to see you in a few weeks. We'll be there the weekend of Dec 13th. Hopefully we'll be able to see you!
ReplyDeleteHey Andrea! Your family is so grown up. Home made beignets. YUM.
ReplyDeleteI can imagine that the girls were very excited about the beignets!! They loved going to Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans and so did I!! YUMMMM!!
ReplyDeleteI can taste them now!!
When can we have you over, what a chef!
ReplyDeleteCan I put a special request in for some beignets, Mark? Those look yummy! I love keeping up on your blog. I read it all the time, but am guilty of not commenting too often. sorry. I'm so glad you are doing such a great job of posting often. it makes me feel close to you guys still.
ReplyDelete